Saddle Up Stables is following all state recommendations for safe business standards. Please stay with your family or group at all times, keep a safe distance and follow all instructions on where to wait for your ride and also the rules for horseback riding for a very safe and fun time while horseback riding.
Saddle Up Stables offers trail rides with lake views that take about an hour to complete.
- The stable opens at 9:30 am . We will soon be taking online reservations for the summer seasons. Please book online if possible.
- We try our best to get you out on time. Sometimes we have to accommodate different groups as horses are available, such as horses for children or adults) Please try to understand this and respect our decisions.
- Children must be 8 years old and meet our height requirement of 50″ to go on the trail. (NO EXCEPTIONS!) If they are unable to go on the trail we have pony and horse rides around the stables for any age)
- WEIGHT LIMIT 250 lbs
- Horseback Riding may not be suited for anyone with disabilities. This is riding out in the wilderness and not in a controlled environment. You must pay attention for the entire ride which lasts about an hour and be able to respond to quick and sudden movements a horse may make. Please discuss any situation you have with the desk staff at signing in.
- No dress code is enforced, however long pants and closed-toe shoes are strongly recommended. You are riding in the woods and against leaves. Pants protect your legs and proper shoes fit the stirrups better. So please dress accordingly.
- Helmets are required for anyone under age 18. We provide riding helmets free of charge. The helmets are sprayed after each use and shower caps are available upon request.
- No carry-on items are allowed! Do not bring backpacks, pocketbooks or cross-body bags. Phones fall out of your back pockets easily when riding, so leave them at the desk. Dropped phones will not be picked up and can be damaged. We are not responsible for lost or damaged items. So please be prepared to leave your items at the stable office or your car. This includes carry-on bags, purses, backpacks, water bottles, etc. These items can not only be a distraction but also any loud noise could frighten your horse and these items could be dropped making it unsafe. We will be happy to take your picture using your phone or camera when you return from the ride.
- DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE WHILE RIDING A HORSE.
*For your own safety, you should not carry anything with you while riding a horse. Your full attention must be on riding your horse at all times. The trail is out in the forest where there are deer and other wild animals occasionally, so you need to be alert at all times while riding. We are more than happy to take your photo or group photo for you. Please plan on leaving your camera or phone with us at the desk.